On the outside looking in

Rob -

I have to admit that your reply got me thinking about the un-doability of a probability path, and time travel.

If all the nodes in a probability path are fixed and unchanging, we could in effect perform time travel. Of course we'd first have to figure out how to pick and chose the specific path we wanted to visit. We could then go back and revisit any of those nodes. Selecting a different path if we so chose. Time travel would have no effect on the nodes themselves. The nodes are fixed and unchanging. We would experience the events as if they were real, but we would in fact just be visiting a different series of nodes than those along the original path.

We would be able to perform 'What-If' scenarios to our hearts content. Testing outcome probabilities, and selecting the nodes which resulted in whatever outcome we preferred.

Of course to do any of this, we would have to figure out a way to 'go back' in order to choose a different probability path.

-

On the subject of order and consciousness. If we are talking about consciousness equalling a functioning physical brain, I'd ask that you consider this...

Does consciousness extend beyond the physical. Do we have consciousness when we exhibit no brain activity? p.s. Please stop using conscience as consciousness. Conscience is sense of right and wrong. Consciousness is sense of self, free will. i.e. I think therefore I am. If you are unconscious you are unaware of your self. When you are conscious you are aware of your self.

If we can have consciousness outside the physical, then I submit that the brain/body is a receptacle for the consciousness (soul?). What is out of body travel? People who have been clinically dead, and then resuscitated, report experiences outside of the physical when they recover.

If the consciousness can reside outside the physical, what are its limitations when outside the brain. Do the limitations/laws we've been talking about change when the consciousness is free from the brain/body? Are the limitations imposed by the capabilities/limitations of our brain?

Our ability to comprehend the matrix is limited by a series of laws/limitations. Do those laws differ depending on the state of our consciousness? Experiencing the matrix from within (inhabiting a brain), or observing the matrix from outside (Out of body)?

Have you ever been unconscious?

What's the difference between dreaming and unconscious?

What about lucid dreaming?

Have you seen the movie 'Flatliners'?

- Robert